Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tres Leches Cake and The Feeling of Home

I absolutely love the feeling of home. With my schedule becoming more and more hectic with the craziness of school, it's becoming rare when I can find a weekend to slip away from it all. I have always grown up loving to bake and cook. I feel that it's just one of those things you either love or hate....or learn to love because you have no other choice. Well for me, I love it! SO any spare moment I am home I live in the kitchen. My mom and I have been crazy obsessed with all of the Pioneer Women's recipes. It is one of those cookbooks that continues to produce fool proof recipes that will please your entire family. So this weekend we decided to give the classic Tres Leches Cake a run for it's money. With the weather finally starting to warm up, we were in the mood for a light and airy cake that was full of flavor and that's exactly what this cake delivered! The trick to this cake is making sure you "over" poke it so it has enough room for heavenly three milks to soak in fully. They say that it is even better the next day, but that's pretty hard to believe since I couldn't even imagine it being any more perfect then it already is! You can find this drool worthy recipe here: Tres Leckes Cake....enjoy!
















2 comments:

  1. hello from Guatemala, Libby! i saw your link on facebook and had to read it because of the tres leches cake! that's very popular here in Guate-- we've recently tried to make it too! it's DELICIOUS. here they put peach slices on top sometimes, but i almost like your idea with the strawberries better!
    your blog is awesome!
    xoxo

    kristen (menchaca) borchardt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen! Thank you so much! Peach sound delicious....I will have to give that a try!! Take care
      xx Libby

      Delete