Thursday, December 20, 2012

New Painting: Drops of Fire

Home for the Holidays means time to get down to business and get a few paintings done! Now after every painting I complete I always tell myself "this is by far my favorite one!" But each time I say that I truly mean it! The more and more I splatter paint onto the canvas the more it leads to all the possibilities of a big white blank space. Often times when I am finished with a painting, it's not the design the wins me over, its the combination of the colors and how well they react on the canvas. In my opinion, you can have an awesome design, but if the colors aren't right then it completely distracts the eye from the painting. So color is KEY and that is why I love this painting so much. It has a wonderful balance of warm and cool hues that don't overpower eachother. I am often times hesitant when I begin to mix such opposite color families but if you nail just the right proportions it can leave a brilliant outcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment